A GCSE English coursework is one of the most important coursework that you would have to complete as part of your curriculum. The importance of this coursework can be gauged from the fact that it can account for a significant percentage of marks of your final grade. It would be the language you would use to complete most of your coursework in other subjects. There are some basic steps you can take to ensure you are on the right track.
1. Chart out the course of your essay. Assessors would be familiar with the story or poem you have chosen. The direction you take is more important to them. Your main points should be listed out indicating exactly where you essay would be heading.
2. To structure your essay properly, introduce an important point in each paragraph and elaborate on it with the help of quotes and research information. Guidelines would be provided to you on any GCSE coursework. Structure your coursework based on those guidelines.
3. As it is an exercise in language study, read through your essay several times to ensure there are no grammatical mistakes or sentence structure errors. Use the feature provided by word processors to do so, but only after you have read through your essay at least once and corrected any typing errors.
4. You have to remember that assessors are looking for your analytical view of the poem or story. A review would do just fine, but it has to demonstrate your approach distinctly and has to be to the point.
5. Write for a wide audience. Many teachers are going to refer to your GCSE English coursework to ensure consistent standards of marking. It would be possible that the examination board could pick random essays to inspect marking standards. They could ask your school to submit a certain number of random essays, which could include yours, and then compare it with essays from other schools. So many people would be able to read your coursework.
6. Always write an interesting English essay. Choose a topic you like and spend a lot of time getting ideas or viewpoints if you intend writing a review. List out all the points and blend them into the essay at the appropriate places. An English coursework is not a routine exercise. Your flair for the language would be clearly indicated through your work in the essay.
7. It is very easy to detect plagiarism in a language essay. So do not leave everything for the last minute. It would affect the quality of your work. Ideally, you should spend some time at a quiet place. A library or your room where you would not be disturbed would be an ideal place to start.
8. Though it is an English coursework, research is very important. You need not use the language directly found at essay banks, but using the ideas mentioned there could set you off on the right course. Essay writers have their own sources of coursework info for various different topics. As you search the internet, you would find several such sources for your own use. Jot down the addresses and refer to them periodically once you confirm that the information is relevant and authentic.
If you set up a plan and follow some basic guidelines, your GCSE English coursework would be easy to complete with flair and confidence.